Secure your home with Purple Frog
We understand that finding your next home is a big decision. Once you’ve found the perfect place, we want the process of securing that property to be as easy and stress-free as possible. That’s why we try to make the process as clear and simple as possible. That means no jargon, no fuss, no pressure! Here’s our guide to securing your new home.
- Make an application using the form on this page.
- Pay a holding deposit , normally one weeks’ rent. This takes the property off the market
- Complete the contract paperwork online
- We’ll check your previous rental and employment references
- Pay your deposit
- All that’s left then is to collect your keys on move in day
Make an initial application
There may be multiple parties interested in renting the same property so we will invite you to make an application to rent the property, the landlord will decide which applicant to move forward with. Use the form at the bottom of this page to apply.
Pay a holding deposit
For most of our properties we’ll ask you to pay a Holding Deposit of one week’s rent per person. You’ll need to pay this fee via bank transfer, we will provide you with the bank details if your application is successful. The holding deposit amount will normally be listed on the property advert.
The Holding Deposit will be used towards your rent if your application is successful. This Holding Deposit is refundable, but please note that it will not be returned to you if:
- You fail a right to rent check
- You provide false information in your application
- You back out of the tenancy agreement
- You do not respond to reasonable requests for information
You can see the full terms and conditions for reserving a property on our reservations page.
We’ll send you a confirmation
Shortly after you’ve paid the Holding Deposit to pay reserve the property, we’ll send you an email confirming the details of the reservation, plus the EPC and instructions on what to do next. You’ll also receive a copy of the Government’s How to Rent Guide.
Complete your tenancy application
This will be done through a website called StuRents.
You’ll receive an email from StuRents asking you to sign the contract. Simply follow the link in the email. Here you can create an account and upload all of the documents that you need to provide as part of your tenancy.
You will need to upload the following information:
- Photos of your ID (you’ll need your Passport and Driving Licence. Not got these? Here’s information on alternative forms of ID that we can accept)
- Upload a photo of your Student ID card
- Your contact details (including your University details, home address etc)
- Details of your current employer to provide a reference
- Details of your current or previous landlord to provide a reference
- Debit Card details, you’ll need to pay the deposit to complete the application
If you require a guarantor
If your credit score or income is not suitable for the property, you may still be able to proceed with a guarantor, who agrees to pay your rent if you are unable to. We’ll ask you for their email address and invite them to sign the agreement; we will then carry out a credit check on the guarantor to ensure they are suitable.
They will need to upload:
- Their ID (Driving Licence or Passport, plus, proof of address)
- Contact details (including 3 years of address history, date of birth etc)
- Debit Card details
Pay your deposit
You will be asked to pay your deposit when you are signing your contract. Your deposit will be protected in a government authorised scheme.
The property’s yours
Once all of that is complete then the property is yours, you can schedule a time with your local office on move in day to collect your keys!